This simple salad is just 7 ingredients and comes together in a matter of minutes for a healthy lunch you can take with you on-the-go.
- 2.5 ounces fresh mozzarella balls, drained and quartered
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup no-salt-added canned chickpeas
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 12 ounces fresh baby spinach
- Optional: 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Combine mozzarella balls, tomatoes and chickpeas in a medium bowl. Add olive oil, salt, and pepper. (I added 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar here as well.)
- Wash spinach (if not pre-washed), and divide equally among 4 bowls. Top each bed of spinach with 1/2 cup mozzarella-tomato-chickpea mixture. Serve at room temperature.
Recipe from the Mediterranean Diabetes Cookbook by Amy Riolo.
- Serving Size: 1/4 recipe
- Calories: 155 kcals
- Sugar: 5 g
- Sodium: 156 mg
- Fat: 7 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 16 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 10 g
- Cholesterol: 5 mg