These yummy no-bake chocolate peanut butter oat bars are made with simple wholesome ingredients for the perfect healthy-dish snack or dessert. Vegan, Gluten-free
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 cups gluten free oats
- 1/4 cup pepitas
- 3 tablespoons hemp hearts
- 2 tablespoons cacao nibs
- 4 oz. vegan dark chocolate bar, chopped
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/4 cup shredded, unsweetened coconut flakes
- Pinch of salt
- Line an 8″x8″ baking dish with parchment paper.
- Add peanut butter and maple syrup to a small saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring continuously until well mixed. Remove from heat.
- Add oats and pepitas to a dry skillet. Toast over low heat for 4-5 minutes.
- Transfer oats and peanut butter mixture to a mixing bowl. Add hemp hearts and cacao nibs and stir well. Pour mixture into parchment lined pan. Use the bottom of a glass to firmly press mixture into the bottom of the pan. Transfer to the refrigerator.
- While bottom layer chills, melt chocolate and coconut oil in a small mixing bowl fit over a small saucepan with boiling water. (You can also try melting in the microwave.)
- While chocolate melts, toast coconut in the same skillet you used for the oats.
- Pour melted chocolate over bottom peanut butter layer. Sprinkle with coconut. Chill for another 30 minutes in the refrigerator or until firm.
- Sprinkle with salt before cutting into pieces for serving.
- Store these bars in the refrigerator or freezer.
Recipe adapted from this recipe from Vegukate.
- Serving Size: 1/20th recipe
- Calories: 170 kcals
- Sugar: 8 g
- Sodium: 158 mg
- Fat: 7.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 3 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 4.5 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 21 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 4.5 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg