This apple cinnamon overnight oat recipe will have you daydreaming about fall leaves and cozy sweaters.
- 1/3 cup old-fashioned oats (not quick-cooking)
- 2/3 cup unsweetened, plain soy milk (can use any non-dairy milk)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened, plain almond milk yogurt (can use any non-dairy yogurt)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 apple, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- In a large mouth 1/2 liter jar, add the oats, milk, yogurt, vanilla, maple syrup, chia, cinnamon and salt. Stir well with a spoon. Cover jar and refrigerate overnight.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt the coconut oil. Add the apple, maple syrup and cinnamon. Stir well with a wooden spoon until apple is coated in oil and cinnamon. Cover and let cook for 7-10 minutes, stirring occasionally with a spoon until apples are tender.
- Add cinnamon apples to oats and sprinkle with golden raisins and walnuts to serve.