Skip the coffee shop muffin and make this blueberry muffin overnight oat recipe instead which is packed with fiber, protein, and antioxidants.
- 1/3 cup old-fashioned oats (not quick-cooking)
- 2/3 cup unsweetened, plain soy milk (can use any non-dairy milk)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened, plain almond milk yogurt (can use any non-dairy yogurt)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash of nutmeg
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/4 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- 2 tablespoons toasted coconut chips
- In a large mouth 1/2 liter size jar, add the oats, almond milk, yogurt, maple syrup, chia, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Stir well with a spoon. Cover and chill in the refrigerator overnight.
- Puree blueberries in blender until smooth. Stir into oats with a spoon to create swirls. Top with additional blueberries, almonds, and coconut chips.