This rainbow quinoa salad with peanut dressing is a delicious vegan and gluten free salad that is perfect for meal prep for lunches for the week. Full of flavor thanks to the easy peanut dressing and tons of color from all the veggies!
For the Salad:
- 3/4 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup frozen, shelled edamame (can sub chickpeas)
- 2 carrots, peeled and shredded
- 5 in piece cucumber, thinly sliced and quartered
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced purple cabbage
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup chopped unsalted, roasted peanuts (optional)
- Lime wedges (to serve)
For the Peanut Dressing:
- 1/3 cup natural creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (sub tamari if gluten free)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (or 1 minced garlic clove)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger (or 1/2 in ginger root, grated)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sriracha
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Add quinoa to a fine mesh strainer and rinse well under cold water. Add rinsed quinoa and water to a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer and cover. Cook for 12-15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Fluff with a fork and set aside to cool.
- Add frozen edamame to a bowl and defrost in the microwave.
- Add all the chopped veggies (carrots, cucumber, cabbage, bell pepper), edamame, green onion, and cilantro to a large mixing bowl. Set aside
- Make the dressing by adding all of your dressing ingredients to a small mixing bowl and stirring well with a whisk.
- To assemble the salad, add the cooled quinoa to the mixing bowl with the chopped vegetables. Add dressing and toss to coat. Top with chopped peanuts to serve.
- Serving Size: 1/6 Recipe
- Calories: 345 kcals
- Sugar: 8.5 g
- Sodium: 268 mg
- Fat: 21 g
- Saturated Fat: 8 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 13 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 33.5 g
- Fiber: 6 g
- Protein: 10.5 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg