This red pepper chickpea curry is a simple vegan and gluten free dinner that you can whip up in less than 30 minutes making it a great meal for busy weeknights.
- 1 (16 oz.) jar roasted red peppers
- 1 (15.5 oz.) can full-fat coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons mild harissa
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon muchi curry powder
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas (or 15 oz. can, drained)
- 9 oz. bag fresh spinach
- Cooked brown or white rice
- Feta (if not vegan)
- Naan bread
- Drain the roasted red peppers and add to a food processor with the coconut milk and harissa. Puree until smooth.
- In a skillet, heat up the olive oil. Add the onion and curry powder and stir fry until onion is translucent, about 3-4 minutes.
- Pour in the pureed pepper mixture and chickpeas. Cook for 8-10 minutes or until it just starts to simmer.
- Stir in spinach and cook until wilted, about 2 minutes.
- Serve over cooked brown rice.