This simple Italian salad is perfect for serving a crowd at summer gatherings.
For the Dressing:
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons (1/2 oz.) grated vegetarian Parmesan
- 12 oz. (1 small head) romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 (15.5 oz) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup quartered cucumber
- 1/2 cup halved kalamata olives
- 3 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 (12 oz.) jar artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 2/3 cup sliced pepperoncini peppers
- 1/4 cup shaved vegetarian parmesan pieces
- Add all of the dressing ingredients to a salad jar and screw on lid. Shake vigorously to combine.
- To make the salad add the lettuce to a large bowl and top with chopped vegetables. Pour dressing over top of the salad and toss to combine.
Recipe adapted from this Big Italian Salad recipe from Girl Versus Dough.