This simple, 6-ingredient red lentil curry is the perfect weeknight dinner option that doesn’t even require any chopping! Keep these ingredients on hand in your pantry so you can whip this up anytime.
- 1 cup red lentils
- 1 (28 oz) can diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 (13.5 oz) can coconut milk (full-fat and lite both work)
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 (13.5 oz) can chickpeas
- 1/2 (8 oz) bag spinach
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt (adjust to taste)
- Add red lentils, tomatoes, coconut milk, and curry powder to a large, deep skillet or saucepan. Bring to a simmer of medium-high heat for 8-10 minutes.
- Stir in chickpeas and spinach. Simmer for another 8-10 minutes or until red lentils are tender. Add salt and taste again, adding more salt if needed.
- Serve alone or spooned over rice.
*Use lite coconut milk to reduce the fat and calorie content. Nutrition facts below are for full-fat coconut milk.
- Serving Size: 1/4 recipe
- Calories: 495 kcal
- Sugar: 8 g
- Sodium: 700 mg
- Fat: 24 g
- Saturated Fat: 18 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 6 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 56 g
- Fiber: 14.5 g
- Protein: 20.5 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg