Whip up this skillet chilaquiles with eggs recipe for a quick brunch or a simple dinner meal with a side salad. Everything goes in one pan for easier clean up too!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 jalapeno, chopped
- 2 small summer squash, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/3 cup salsa
- 1 (14 oz.) can enchilada sauce
- 10 corn tortillas, quartered
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 eggs
- Avocado, sliced jalapeno, ground black pepper, chopped cilantro for serving
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Add olive oil to an oven-safe skillet and set over medium-high heat for one minute. Stir in the onion, jalapeño, and squash. Cook for 10 minutes or until squash has started to soften.
- Stir in the garlic, salt, salsa, and enchilada sauce. Stir well to combine and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in the quartered tortillas. Stir to coat in sauce. Bring to a simmer and turn off the heat. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- Use a wooden spoon to create 4 wells in the mixture in the pan. Break 1 egg into each well.
- Transfer skillet to the oven and bake for 15-18 minutes or until eggs whites are set but the yolks are still soft.
- Top with avocado slices, ground black pepper, chopped fresh cilantro, and jalapeño slices to serve.