Spice up your weekly dinner routine with these spicy Asian style sweet potato noodles which whip up in just 30 minutes in one pot!
For the Sauce:
- 1/3 cup creamy almond butter
- 4 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons sriracha
- 1 tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce
For the Noodles:
- 3 medium sized sweet potatoes, peeled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 ounce bag baby spinach leaves
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger root
- Juice from 1/2 lime
- Dash of cayenne (if desired)
- Pinch of sea salt (to taste)
- Fresh lime wedges, chopped almonds
- Add all the sauce ingredients to a small mixing bowl and use a wire whisk or fork to mix until creamy.
- Use a spiralizer to create noodles from the sweet potatoes.
- In a large, deep skillet add the olive oil and sweet potatoes and turn on medium-high heat. Saute for 2 minutes, tossing to coat the potatoes in oil.
- Stir in the almond butter sauce, bell pepper, broth, and garlic. Saute for 2 minutes, tossing pasta to coat in the sauce.
- Stir in the spinach and ginger. Cook for 3-4 minutes until spinach is all wilted and mixed into the noodles.
- Squeeze in the lime juice and saute another 3-5 minutes or until sweet potatoes are slightly tender but still hold their shape. (Don’t overcook or else your sweet potato noodles will fall apart! They should still have a little bit of a bite to them when you taste one.)