This spiked vegan hot chocolate made with almond milk, dark chocolate, and sweetened with maple syrup is so much better than store-bought! Spike with a bit of bourbon and top with your favorite non-dairy whipped cream for a yummy treat.
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk (or any non-dairy milk)
- 1.5 ounces vegan dark chocolate
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1–2 tablespoons maple syrup (depending on how sweet you prefer)
- 2 ounces bourbon
- To serve: Non-dairy whipped cream, chocolate shavings
- In a small saucepan, add all of your ingredients except the bourbon. Heat over medium heat. Stir and continue to heat until chocolate has melted and mixture is hot.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the bourbon.
- To serve, top with a non-dairy whipped cream and chocolate shavings.
- Serving Size: 1/2 Recipe
- Calories: 46 kcals
- Sugar: 0.5 g
- Sodium: 185 mg
- Fat: 3.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.3 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 3 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 3.5 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 2 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg