Brighten up your desk lunch by packing this strawberry avocado and farro salad for a change. It’s full of antioxidants and fiber to help you get your spring glow.
- 1/2 cup farro
- 5 cups fresh spinach leaves
- 5–6 fresh strawberries, chopped
- 1/2 avocado, chopped
- 1/3 cup salted shelled pistachios
- 2 ounces crumbled goat cheese
For the dressing:
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- Dash of salt and ground black pepper
- Place farro in a small saucepan and cover with 1″ of water. Bring to a boil on the stove and then cover and lower heat. Gently simmer for 30 minutes or until tender. Drain water and set aside.
- Toss all of your salad ingredients (spinach through goat cheese) together in a large bowl.
- Combine all of the salad ingredients together in a jar and twist on the lid. Shake vigorously to combine.
- Toss cooled farro in the salad bowl with the rest of the salad ingredients. Divide evenly between 2-4 bowls. Drizzle with dressing and serve.
Recipe makes enough salad for 4 side salad servings or 2 entree size servings.