Serve these delightful strawberry, yogurt, and peanut butter granola parfaits at your next weekend brunch – a fun twist on the classic sandwich.
For the Granola:
- 3 cups oats
- 1/3 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/3 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts
For the Strawberries:
- 2 cups chopped, fresh strawberries
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Plain yogurt
- Preheat your oven to 275 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the oats, quinoa, and coconut together.
- In a small saucepan, add the peanut butter, coconut oil, and maple syrup. Heat over low heat and stir until melted together. Pour over the oat mixture in the mixing bowl and stir well to combine. Sprinkle with salt, stir again. Spread in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake for 30-40 minutes or until lightly browned. Sprinkle with chopped peanuts and allow to cool completely before serving.
- To make the strawberries, add all the ingredients to a saucepan and heat over medium-high. Cook for 7-9 minutes or until strawberries start to soften and sauce forms. Turn off the heat and set aside to cool.
- To assemble parfaits, layer 1/2 of the strawberry mixture in bottom of dish. Add the yogurt then the granola.
Granola recipe adapted from Minimalist Baker.