Savor the flavors of summer with this simple summer harvest vegan pasta that is super simple and can be made in just about 30 minutes.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic,
- 1 medium zucchini (~10 oz.), sliced
- 1 orange bell pepper, chopped
- 4–5 tomatoes, chopped (~8 ounces total)
- 8 ounces pasta sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried or chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil leaves
- Dash of red pepper flakes
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup cooked white beans
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 servings vegan whole wheat pasta (I used shells)
- Nutritional yeast for serving
- In a medium saucepan, add water and cook pasta according to package directions.
- Heat olive oil in a deep skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and saute for one minute. Add the zucchini and pepper. Cook for 5-7 minutes or until zucchini starts to soften. Stir in the tomatoes and cook another 2 minutes.
- Add in the tomato sauce, oregano, basil, and red pepper flakes. Bring to a simmer and stir in the spinach and white beans. Cook until spinach is wilted and beans are heated through, about 3-4 minutes.
- To serve, toss pasta and sauce together. Sprinkle with nutritional yeast.