Don’t let summer end without making this delicious summer peach salad with grilled corn and toasted almonds. A simple balsamic vinaigrette pulls together this stunning salad that would be a great lunch or simple side dish paired with a grilled protein.
For the Pickled Onions:
- 1 red onion
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 2/3 cup vinegar (white or apple cider vinegar both work well)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 5–6 whole black peppercorns
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated white sugar
For the Salad:
- 2 ears corn, shucked and grilled
- 2 peaches, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cup canned chickpeas, drained
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted*
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped basil leaves
- 1/3 cup pickled red onion
- 1 (4.5 oz) package lettuce greens
For the Dressing:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon maple syrup
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- Add thinly sliced red onion to a large jar or Tupperware container.
- In a small bowl, combine the water, vinegar, salt, pepper, and sugar. Whisk until sugar is dissolved and pour over the sliced onions. Cover container with lid and let sit on counter for 30 min to 1 hour before using OR transfer to the fridge for a few hours before using. Pickled onion will last about 1 week in the fridge.
For the Salad:
- Grill the corn over high heat for about 10 minutes or until slightly charred. Use a sharp chef’s knife to cut off of the cob.
- Add all your salad ingredients to a large bowl and toss well.
For the dressing:
- Add all of the dressing ingredients to a jar. Shake well to combine. Pour over salad ingredients and toss to coat.
- To toast your sliced almonds, add to a dry skillet (no oil needed!) over medium high heat. Heat until golden brown and fragrant, about 5 minutes.
- To make ahead, reserve the dressing and pickled onions until ready to serve.
- Serving Size: 1/4 Recipe
- Calories: 365 kcal
- Sugar: 14 g
- Sodium: 280 mg
- Fat: 21 g
- Saturated Fat: 3 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 18 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 39 g
- Fiber: 8 g
- Protein: 9.5 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg