Add lots of color and flavor to your packed lunch with this vegan tempeh wrap with peanut sauce that is super simple to make!
For the Tempeh:
- 8 oz. package tempeh, cut into 1/2 in triangles
- 3 tablespoons neutral oil
For the peanut sauce:
- 6 tablespoons water (Plus more if needed to thin out sauce)
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste (I buy it a Trader Joe’s; you can also use the 1/2 in. fresh grated ginger root)
- 1 tablespoon sriracha sauce
- 4 wraps, chopped vegetables of choice (cucumber, cabbage, spinach, carrot), sriracha
- Cut tempeh into 1/2 inch triangles. (Or whichever shape you prefer. The smaller and thinner the pieces the better as they cook faster.)
- Add oil to a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat for 1 minute. Add tempeh and stir fry for 3-4 minutes on one side until golden brown. Flip each piece and cook on the second side until golden brown. Turn off heat and set aside.
- Make the peanut sauce by stirring all the sauce ingredients together in a small mixing bowl until smooth sauce forms. Add more water, 1 tablespoon at a time if a thinner sauce is desired.
- Assemble wraps by dividing tempeh between 4 wraps, topping with chopped vegetables, peanut sauce, and sriracha.
Nutrition information below is an estimate – does not include vegetables as those will vary depending on what you have on hand.
Note, you can decrease the carbohydrate content to 14 grams by using a collard green leaf as the wrap.
- Serving Size: 1 Wrap
- Calories: 540 kcals
- Sugar: 5.5 g
- Sodium: 593 mg
- Fat: 35 g
- Saturated Fat: 7 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 28 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 38 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 22 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg