This recipe for teriyaki tempeh and broccoli stir fry is the perfect dish for a busy weeknight meal that is also vegan and gluten free. Serve this one pot dish with brown rice for a quick and easy meal.
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large head broccoli, chopped
- 8 oz package tempeh, cut into 1” pieces and then sliced into triangles
- 3–4 medium carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup vegan teriyaki sauce
- To serve: sesame seeds, cilantro, green onions, sriracha, rice
- Add oil to a skillet over medium high heat. Add tempeh and cook on one side until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes. Flip each piece and cook another 1-3 minutes on the opposite side until golden brown. Remove tempeh from pan and set aside.
- Add the broccoli and carrots to the same pan and sauté over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes and then cover with a lid for the last 8-10 minutes or until they are fork tender.
- Add the teriyaki sauce to the pan with the broccoli and sauté for 2-3 minutes. Stir in the tempeh and toss so that it is well coated in sauce.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle with desired toppings. Serve over rice.
For a saucier stir fry, you can add up to 1/2 cup of teriyaki sauce if desired.
The sodium content of teriyaki sauce can be very high. If you need to monitor your sodium intake, I suggest using a low sodium teriyaki sauce like one from Fody Foods, Mrs Dash, or Primal Kitchen.
- Serving Size: 1/2 Recipe
- Calories: 260 kcals
- Sugar: 14 g
- Sodium: 1200 mg
- Fat: 12 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 11 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 29 g
- Fiber: 8.5 g
- Protein: 11.5 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg