These vegan almond butter chocolate chip cookies only require 7-8 ingredients and couldn’t be more simple to make! Perfect for any cookie exchanges this holiday.
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce OR 1 tablespoon ground flax seed + 3 tablespoons warm water
- 1 cup creamy no-stir almond butter (I used MaraNatha brand)
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/2 cup regular rolled oats (not instant)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips (I used Enjoy Life brand)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- If using applesauce, add it to a large mixing bowl with the almond butter and sugar. Beat well with an electric mixer until combined.
- If using flax seed, add to mixing bowl and let sit for 5 minutes to thicken and then add the almond butter and sugar. Mix well with electric mixer.
- Add the oats, baking soda, and salt. Mix again until incorporated.
- Add chocolate chips. Run mixer for a second or two to mix chips into dough.
- Use a teaspoon to scoop out dough and shape into a ball with your hands. (If using flax, the dough will look a little crumbly but should easily squeeze together into a ball .) Place on baking sheet. (Leave extra space between cookies if using applesauce.)
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown.
- Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for ~5 minutes before transferring to cooling rack with a spatula to cool completely.