Who says you can’t eat cookies for breakfast?! These vegan breakfast cookies are loaded with wholesome ingredients like oats, almonds, pumpkin seeds, and coconut and naturally sweetened with maple syrup. Pair one of these with your morning smoothie or coffee for tasty pantry-friendly breakfast treat.
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seed
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup creamy, well-stirred peanut butter OR tahini
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/4 cups old fashioned oats (use gluten-free certified oats to make these gluten-free if desired)
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with a silpat baking mat or parchment paper.
- Add ground flax seed and water to a large mixing bowl and whisk to combine. Set aside for 3-5 minutes or until gel forms.
- To the same bowl, add the nut butter, maple syrup, and olive oil. Whisk to combine.
- Add the oats, flour, baking soda, salt, pumpkin seeds, almonds, coconut, and chocolate chips. Stir well with a wooden spoon until wet dough forms.
- Use a 1/4 cup to spoon dough onto baking sheet. Use bottom of measuring cup to flatten dough. Add 6 rounds of dough onto baking sheet at a time.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week. Cookies can be frozen after they have cooled for longer storage life.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 255 kcals
- Sugar: 7 g
- Sodium: 115 mg
- Fat: 15.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.5 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 13 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 21.5 g
- Fiber: 3.5 g
- Protein: 7.5 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg