Treat yourself this weekend to these vegan chocolate peanut butter waffles with an extra cup of coffee. It’s the perfect way to spend a Saturday morning!
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups non-dairy milk (I used almond milk)
- 1/2 cup neutral oil (vegetable or coconut oil work well)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder (optional)
- 2 ounces vegan dark chocolate, divided
- 1/3 cup natural peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Maple syrup
- Add the flour, sugar, baking powder, cornstarch, and salt to a mixing bowl. Stir well.
- Pour in the milk, oil, vanilla, and espresso powder. Stir just until mixed.
- Grate 1 ounce of the dark chocolate into the mixing bowl and stir.
- Heat your waffle iron and spray with cooking oil. Add waffle batter 1/2 cup at a time. Batter makes about 5 waffles.
- To make the peanut butter topping, heat the peanut butter and coconut oil together in a small saucepan until peanut butter is pourable.
- Chop the remaining 1 ounce of dark chocolate.
- To serve, drizzle peanut butter onto waffles and top with chopped dark chocolate and maple syrup.