Serve up this adaptable vegan cobb salad with cashew dill dressing all summer long for a light, yet filling meal.
For the Dressing:
- 1 cup raw cashew pieces, soaked overnight
- 3/4 cup + 2 Tablespoons cold water (Adjust to dressing consistency you prefer)
- 3–4 two inch sprigs fresh dill weed (1 teaspoon dried dill)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Ground Pepper and Salt, to taste
For the Coconut Bacon:
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened coconut chips
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Dash of ground black pepper
For the Salad:
- 1 (15 oz.) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 5 cups salad leaves
- 1/2 cucumber, chopped
- 3–4 carrots, chopped
- 1/2 cup halved cherry tomato
- 1/3 cup chopped red bell pepper
- Kernels from 2 ears of steamed corn
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, add all of the coconut chip ingredients and toss with a wooden spoon to coat evenly. Spread in a single layer on the baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 12-14 minutes , tossing halfway through, until golden brown. (Watch closely to the last few minutes so it doesn’t burn!) Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- While the chips are baking, add all of the dressing ingredients to a blender and puree until smooth. Adjust water as needed to obtain desired dressing consistency.
- To make the salads, divide lettuce and toppings evenly among the 4 bowls. To with coconut bacon and dressing and serve.
Recipe loosely adapted from: Love and Lemons.