Get your daily dose of vitamin A with a bowl of this vegan creamy carrot soup loaded with warming winter flavors like cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 lbs carrots, peeled and sliced in 1/3″ coins
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 quart vegetable broth
- 3–4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 inch peeled ginger root, grated (or 1/2 teaspoon dried ginger)
- 1 (13.5 oz) can full fat coconut milk
- Salt and Ground Black Pepper to taste
- In a large stock pot, add the olive oil and onion. Saute for 3-5 minutes or until onion is tender and translucent.
- Stir in the carrots, garam masala, and turmeric. Cook another 3-5 minutes.
- Stir in the broth, garlic, and ginger. Bring to a simmer and cover. Cook for 18-20 minutes or until carrots slices are fork tender.
- Transfer to a blender (or use an immersion blender) to puree until smooth. Return to the pot and stir in the coconut milk, salt, and pepper. Bring to a simmer for another 1-2 minutes then turn off the heat and serve.
Recipe adapted from this garam masala carrot soup recipe from A Beautiful Plate.