Start your morning off right with one of these vegan double chocolate banana muffins and a cup of coffee. Vegan, dairy-free, and naturally sweetened – a perfect snack!
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 3 tablespoons warm water
- 3 bananas
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1/3 cup soy milk
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup white all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease your muffin tin with cooking spray
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the flax seed and water. Set aside for 5 minutes or until gel forms.
- Add the bananas to the mixing bowl and mash the bananas well with a fork. Stir in the oil, soy milk, maple syrup, and vanilla. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flours, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Stir dry ingredients and flax/water mixture into the banana mixture until well combined.
- Add the chocolate chips. Stir to combine.
- Divide batter evenly between 12 muffin cups.
- Bake 18-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Store in airtight container on the counter for up to 3 days.
- These freeze well too! I just reheat for 30 seconds in the microwave.
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 240 kcal
- Sugar: 14 g
- Sodium: 160 mg
- Fat: 7 g
- Saturated Fat: 4.5 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 2.5 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 33 g
- Fiber: 4.5 g
- Protein: 4 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg