These vegan double chocolate zucchini muffins are the perfect accompaniment to a cup of coffee in the morning or as an afternoon snack.
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons instant espresso powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Optional: 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut flakes
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a muffin tin with non stick cooking spray or line muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, add all the ingredients except the chocolate chips. Stir with a wooden spoon until well mixed. Add chips and stir again until evenly distributed in dough.
- Divide dough evenly between 12 muffin cups. Sprinkle with shredded coconut flakes if using. Bake muffins for 16-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted into muffin comes out clean.