Invite your friends over for this vegan lemon blueberry baked oatmeal that is perfect for spring! Serve with almond milk or a dollop of whipped coconut cream.
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 5 tablespoons warm water
- 1 1/2 cups plant-based milk (I used plain, unsweetened soy milk)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (or coconut oil)
- Juice from 1 lemon (~2 tablespoons)
- Zest from 1 lemon (~1 tablespoon)
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats (not quick cooking)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- To serve: blueberries, almond butter, soy milk, blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and spray an 8″x8″ glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flax seed and water and stir well. Let it sit for 5 minutes or until it starts to thicken.
- Add the rest of the liquid ingredients (coconut milk, maple syrup, lemon juice, and zest) to the bowl with the flax and whisk to combine.
- In a second bowl, combine the dry ingredients (oats, baking powder, and salt) and stir together to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir well. Stir in the blueberries.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until top of the oatmeal is golden brown and the middle no longer jiggles when you give the pan a shake.
- Allow to cool on the counter a few minutes before cutting into pieces to serve.
- Serving Size: 1/4 recipe
- Calories: 340 kcals
- Sugar: 17.5 g
- Sodium: 80 mg
- Fat: 10 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.5 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 8.5 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 53 g
- Fiber: 6 g
- Protein: 7 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg