Need a quick and simple dinner you can make in one pan? You’re in luck because this vegan peanut curry with chickpeas and sweet potato is exactly that!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1/3 cup chopped onion (~1/4 large onion)
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (15 oz.) can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 oz.) can chickpeas, drained
- 1 (15 oz.) can lite coconut milk
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon sriracha sauce
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 1/2 tablespoon ginger paste or fresh grated ginger
- 1/2 bunch lacinato kale leaves, stems removed, chopped
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- Add the olive oil, onion, sweet potato, and bell pepper to a pan. Sauté for 5 minutes or until onion is translucent.
- Add the garlic and cook another minute.
- Stir in the tomatoes, chickpeas, coconut milk, peanut butter, sriracha, ginger, and curry paste. Bring to a simmer and cook for 8-10 minutes or until sweet potatoes start to soften.
- Stir in the kale and a dash of salt and pepper. Cook an additional 3-5 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender and kale is wilted. Taste and add more salt if needed.
- Serve over cooked rice or favorite grain. Garnish with fresh cilantro if desired.
*Not all curry pastes are vegan so make sure to read the ingredient label as some contain fish sauce.
- Serving Size: 1/5 recipe
- Calories: 271 kcals
- Sugar: 11 g
- Sodium: 541 mg
- Fat: 14 g
- Saturated Fat: 5.5 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 8.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 27 g
- Fiber: 7 g
- Protein: 7 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg