This vegan peppermint hot chocolate is extra creamy and rich with the help of some blended cashews. Serve with your favorite toppings like vegan whipped cream and a candy cane.
- 1 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk (I used this one from Califia)
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/8 – 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract (Adjust to your preference – I used 1/4 teaspoon because I love peppermint)
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup raw cashews
- For serving: vegan whipped cream, vegan marshmallows (I like these from Dandies), candy cane
- Add your almond milk, cocoa powder, sugar, peppermint, and salt to a small saucepan. Use a whisk to stir everything together as you heat it over medium-low flame until warmed through; do not boil.
- Transfer to a high-powered blender and add cashews. Blend until cashews are pureed and mixture is frothy (about 45 seconds on high). I hold the stopper on the lid open to allow steam to escape.
- Pour into a mug and top with whipped cream and toasted marshmallows. Garnish with a candy cane.
If you don’t have a high speed blender, try soaking your cashews to soften them before using in a regular blender.
- Serving Size: 1 Mug
- Calories: 105 kcals
- Sugar: 12.5 g
- Sodium: 357 mg
- Fat: 1.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.8 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0.7 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 19 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 3 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg