These little vegan peppermint patties are surprisingly easy to make and taste just like the store-bought favorite candy!
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 4 tablespoons brown rice syrup
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Dash of sea salt
- 6 ounce package vegan dark chocolate chips
- Sift powdered sugar into the bowl of a stand mixer, then add the rest of the ingredients, except the chocolate chips.
- Mix until a crumbly dough forms. Squeeze into a ball with your hands and transfer to a sheet of plastic wrap laid out on counter. Roll into a 1″ in diameter log with your hands. Wrap tightly in the plastic wrap and transfer to the refrigerator for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- As you are ready to make your patties, melt the chocolate chips in the microwave or on the stovetop with a double boiler.
- Slice the peppermint filling into 1/3″ discs, reshaping into a circle with your hands if needed. (The dough may tend to be flat on one side after chilling in the fridge.) You should be able to make around 25-30 patties from the dough.
- Use a fork to flip the dough into the chocolate evenly coating both sides. Transfer to a parchment paper lined sheet pan. Once all the dough is made into patties and coated in chocolate, transfer to the refrigerator and chill until the chocolate is set, about 30-45 minutes. Sprinkle with salt or crushed peppermint candies.
***A note about the sugar: Choose a powdered sugar that is labelled vegan as most white and powdered sugars are processed with bone char to help de-colorize them.***