These vegan peppermint sugar cookies are soft, chewy and full of delicious peppermint flavor. Perfect for any holiday cookie exchange!
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 cup vegan butter (I used Miyokos vegan butter), room temperature
- 2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour (1 cup all purpose flour + 1 1/3 cup whole wheat flour)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips, melted
- 1/3 cup crushed peppermint candy
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add the sugar and softened vegan butter to the mixing bowl. Mix on high until fluffy.
- Add the flour, baking soda, peppermint, and vanilla. Mix until dough forms.
- Form dough into 1/2 inch balls and arrange on cookie sheet. Dip a glass in sugar and press cookie flat. (Repeat dipping glass into sugar and flattening cookies.)
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until slightly puffy with edges just light brown.
- Allow to cook 5-7 minutes on the baking sheet before transferring to cooling rack.
- When the cookies have cooled completely, melt the chocolate chips in the microwave. Drizzle over cooked and sprinkle with crushed peppermint candy. Transfer to the fridge 10 minutes to set the chocolate.
- Store in an airtight container or ziplock bag for up to a week. Freeze well!
Recipe adapted from this one from Betty Crocker –> https://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/best-no-roll-sugar-cookies/dff36677-de68-4318-9030-2de1c8a52a45