Vegan pumpkin baked oatmeal is a simple, make-ahead breakfast that is delicious when paired with a cup of coffee on a crisp fall day. All you need to create this recipe at home is a few simple pantry ingredients like oats, canned pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice, and pecans.
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seed
- 5 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 cups plant-based milk
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons oil or vegan butter
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups oats (not quick cooking)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease an 8″x8″ baking dish.
- Add ground flax seed and warm water to a large mixing bowl and stir. Set aside for 2-3 minutes until it forms a gel.
- Stir in the rest of the wet ingredients (milk, maple syrup, pumpkin, oil, and vanilla).
- Add dry ingredients to a small mixing bowl and stir to combine. Add to he large bowl with the wet ingredients and stir well.
- Transfer to prepared baking dish and top with pecans and pumpkin seeds.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until edges are darkened and middle is set. Allow to cool for ~8-10 minutes before cutting.
- Serve with extra milk and a drizzle of maple syrup.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Leftovers can also be frozen as well. Just slice the baked oatmeal into individual servings and freeze in an airtight container with parchment paper between slices if stacked.
- Serving Size: 1/4 Recipe
- Calories: 310 kcal
- Sugar: 18 g
- Sodium: 430 mg
- Fat: 6 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.5 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 4.5 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 54 g
- Fiber: 7.5 g
- Protein: 7 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg