These one-bowl vegan pumpkin chocolate chip muffins are a quintessential recipe for fall. Naturally sweetened with maple syrup, these muffins are great for a healthyish snack on-the-go!
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seed
- 6 tablespoons warm water
- 1 cup canned unsweetened pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk (I used Califia unsweetened coconut almond milk blend – my fave!)
- 1 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 cup vegan semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line muffin tin with paper liners or grease well with oil.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the ground flax and water. Let sit for 5 minutes or until flax forms a gel.
- Add pumpkin, maple syrup, oil, and milk to bowl with the flax and stir well.
- Add the flour, baking soda, and salt to bowl and stir just until mixed.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Divide dough evenly between 12 muffin cups. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted into muffin comes out clean.
- Allow to cool 5-10 minutes before removing from muffin tin and placing on rack to cool completely.
Store these muffins in an airtight container on the counter for up to 3 days. These muffins do freeze well so you can prep them ahead and freeze in an airtight container or ziplock. Just reheat 30 seconds in the microwave when ready to eat.
- Serving Size: 1 Muffin
- Calories: 160 kcals
- Sugar: 10 g
- Sodium: 211 mg
- Fat: 6 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 5 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 25 g
- Fiber: 2.5 g
- Protein: 3 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg