This vegan pumpkin gingerbread has sugar and spice and everything nice! It’s perfect for sharing with friends and family this holiday season. Recipe adapted from this vegan pumpkin bread from Love & Lemons.
- 4 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 6 tablespoons warm water
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon pumpin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger (fresh or ground)
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, loose (not packed)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons almond milk
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a small bowl, combine the ground flax seed and water, stir and then set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flours, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, and ginger. Stir to combine.
- Add the pumpkin, oil, brown sugar, almond milk, flax seed and water mixture, and vanilla extract. Stir just until everything is mixed. (Try not to over-stir.)
- Stir in the walnuts and then pour into a well-oiled 9″x5″ bread pan.
- Bake bread for 1 hour. Test with a toothpick and cook an additional 5-10 minutes if toothpick does not come out clean.
- Allow to cool completely. Transfer bread out of the pan.
- Combine the powdered sugar, 2 teaspoons almond milk, and cinnamon in a small bowl. Stir well. Pour glaze over the top of your cooled bread loaf. Allow to sit until hardened and then slice and serve!