You’ll quickly fall in love with this flavorful and nutrient-packed vegan taco salad topped with a creamy cashew dressing.
For the Dressing:
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro
- Juice from 1 lime
- Sea salt and ground black pepper, to taste
For the Salad:
- 1 bunch lacinato kale
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 ears fresh corn on the cob (or 3/4 cup cooked corn)
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 4–5 radishes, thinly sliced
- 4 inches cucumber, sliced and quartered
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- Cilantro, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Add sweet potatoes to a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Toss to coat and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for 35-45 minutes or until edges are dark brown/golden and potatoes are softened.
- Turn on the broiler setting and spray corn with cooking oil. Lay on a baking sheet and broil over high heat, rotating every 1-2 minutes until corn in charred.
- To make the dressing, add all the dressing ingredients into a high powered blender and puree until smooth.
- Remove the stems from the kale and chop into thin strips. Add to a large mixing bowl and drizzle with 1/2 tablespoon olive oil and a bit of salt. Massage well until kale leaves start to soften.
- To assemble, divide ingredients evenly between 4-5 large plates for meal sized servings OR toss everything together in a large mixing bowl.
- Serving Size: 1/5th recipe