These vegan tempeh lettuce cups can be whipped up in a matter of minutes for a simple and delicious weeknight dinner meal. I see myself eating these on repeat all summer long!
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce (use tamari if gluten free)
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sriracha
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable broth (or water)
- 1/2 inch piece fresh ginger, grated
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 8 oz tempeh, crumbled
- To serve: lettuce leaves, jalapeno, lime, sesame seeds, mint, green onion
- Add the soy sauce, rice vinegar, sriracha, brown sugar, broth, and ginger to a small bowl and stir well. Set aside.
- Add the oil, garlic, and green onion to a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until garlic is fragrant. Transfer the onion and garlic to the bowl with the marinade, but leave the oil in the hot pan.
- Add the tempeh to the pan with the leftover oil and sauté until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Pour sauce over the tempeh. Turn off the heat and stir to coat.
- To assemble, add tempeh to lettuce leaves and add desired toppings.
Serves 2 as a main dish or 3-4 as an appetizer.
- Serving Size: 3 lettuce cups
- Calories: 479 kcals
- Sugar: 6.5 g
- Sodium: 430 mg
- Fat: 36 g
- Saturated Fat: 4.5 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 31.5 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 20 g
- Fiber: 1.5 g
- Protein: 22 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg