You’re guaranteed to love these simple almond flour thumbprint cookies which are vegan, gluten free, and sweetened with maple syrup. These soft and chewy cookies are made with just 8 simple wholesome ingredients.
- 2 cups super fine almond flour
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup oil (canola, olive, or melted coconut oil are great options)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Zest from 1/2 lemon
- Dash of sea salt
- 1/4 cup shredded, unsweetened coconut
- 1/4 cup strawberry jam (or your favorite jam flavor)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add the almond flour, maple syrup, oil, vanilla, lemon zest, and sea salt to a mixing bowl and stir with a wooden spoon until dough forms.
- Add coconut to a plate. Roll dough into a 1 tablespoon size balls and roll in the coconut shreds to coat and arrange on a baking sheet.
- Use a 1/2 teaspoon to make an indent in the top of each dough ball. Fill with 1/2 teaspoon jam.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until coconut is toasted. Allow to cool a few minutes on the pan before transferring to a wire rack.