The traditional Hawaiian poke bowl gets a vegan this with this vegan watermelon poke bowl. A simple, colorful dinner that is perfect for summer!
For the Tofu:
- 16 oz package extra firm tofu
- 1 1/2 tablespoon oil
For the Watermelon:
- 1/4 reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon ginger paste (I get it from Trader Joe’s! You can also use grated fresh ginger or 1 teaspoon ginger powder)
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 1/2 cups watermelon, cut in 1/2″ cubes
For the Bowls:
- 4 servings cooked white rice, cooled
- Sliced cucumber
- Sliced red pepper
- Sliced carrots (or make carrot ribbons!)
- Basil (I used thai basil – soo good!)
- Add oil and cubed tofu to a nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Cook tofu on each side for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, add the watermelon marinade ingredients to a mason jar and shake well to combine. Add watermelon to a small mixing bowl and pour just 3 tablespoons of the marinade over top. Toss gently to coat watermelon in the marinade and set aside.
- Add the rest of the marinade to the pan with the tofu and cook until it thickens and coats tofu. Turn off the heat and set aside.
- To assemble your bowls, divide rice between 4 bowls and evenly divide the rest of your toppings between each bowl.
- Serving Size: 1/4 recipe
- Calories: 295 kcals
- Sugar: 6.5 g
- Sodium: 585 mg
- Fat: 13 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.5 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 11.5 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 32 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 15 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg