Spice up your weeknight with this simple vegetarian enchilada skillet with pinto beans, tempeh, and chopped vegetables. One skillet and done in 40 minutes.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1/2 jalapeno chopped
- 1 cup chopped button mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup corn
- 2 zucchini, chopped (~2 cups total)
- 1 (8 oz.) package tempeh, crumbled
- 1 (15 oz.) can red enchilada sauce
- 1 (15 oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15 oz.) can pinto beans
- 6 corn tortillas (chopped into strips)
- 6 ounces shredded Monterey jack or cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet with tall sides add the olive oil, onion, jalapeño, and mushrooms. Stir fry until onion is softened, about 5-7 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic and cook 1 more minute
- Add the corn and zucchini. Stir fry another 8-10 minutes or until zucchini starts to soften.
- Stir in the crumbled tempeh and cook another 2-3 minutes.
- Add the enchilada sauce, beans, tortillas, and 3 ounces of the cheese. Stir well to combine.
- Sprinkle with the other 3 ounces of cheese and bake under the broiler to melt cheese on top. (Only takes a minute or two!)
- Serve with chopped avocado and cilantro.