Step up your salad game by making this warm farro salad with roasted root vegetables! Simple ingredients like roasted vegetables, lemon and rosemary complement each other perfectly.
- 1 cup dry farro
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 1 cup peeled and cubed butternut squash
- 2 carrots, peeled and quartered
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 1 (5 oz.) bag baby spinach
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 lemon juiced (~1/2 tablespoon lemon juice)
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup crumbled goat cheese
- Sea salt and ground black pepper, to taste
For the farro:
- In a medium saucepan, bring 3 cups of water to a boil. Add the farro, reduce to a simmer and cook until tender, about 30 minutes. Drain water and transfer to a large mixing bowl.
For the roasted vegetables:
- In a large mixing bowl, toss squash and carrots in 1 tablespoon of olive oil and spread in a single layer on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and bake until tender and lightly browned, about 45-60 minutes.
For the Salad:
- Add your cooked farro and roasted vegetable to a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- In a non-stick skillet, heat up the other 1/2 tablespoon olive oil for 1 minute. Add the spinach and cook over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes or until spinach has started to wilt. Stir in the garlic and cook another minute. Season with salt and ground black pepper and add to the mixing bowl with the farro and vegetables.
- Stir in the lemon juice, zest, rosemary, vinegar, 1 tablespoon olive oil, and goat cheese. Season with additional salt and pepper. Serve warm or chilled.
- Serving Size: 1/5 salad
- Calories: 315 kcals
- Sugar: 2 g
- Sodium: 80 mg
- Fat: 13 g
- Saturated Fat: 4 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 9 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 37.5 g
- Fiber: 7.5 g
- Protein: 8 g
- Cholesterol: 5 mg