Lemon Kale Caesar Salad
Lemon adds a lovely pop of flavor in this variation of the classic caesar salad. This Lemon Kale Caesar Salad is not only easy and delicious, but vegan too thanks to a yummy tahini based caesar dressing - no anchovies here!
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 cup cubed sourdough bread
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
Tahini Caesar Dressing
Make the dressing by adding the tahini, water, capers, lemon juice, garlic, and Dijon Mustard to a small food process or blender cup. Puree until smooth.
For the Salad
Add the chopped kale and olive oil to a large bowl. Massage kale until leaves start to soften and release grassy smell. Add croutons, vegan parmesan, and dressing. Toss to coat salad in dressing. Season with salt to taste. Garnish with lemon zest to serve.
- Not a fan of kale? Just use romaine lettuce instead!
- Use a smoothie blender cup or small food processor to puree the dressing - the smaller appliance works better than a full size one.
- Salad will keep in the fridge for up to 3 days, however the croutons will start to soften. If you want to prep ahead, store croutons separately.
Serving: 1salad | Calories: 208kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 4mg | Sodium: 365mg | Potassium: 232mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 3316IU | Vitamin C: 33mg | Calcium: 192mg | Iron: 2mg