Vegan Chocolate Cookies
If you are a chocolate lover (raising my hand over here), you need to make these vegan chocolate cookies! A simple and approachable recipe that needs no chilling time so you can satisfy that chocolate craving without a lot of fuss.
Servings: 13 cookies
- 1/2 cup vegan butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy milk
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet vegan chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars together with a mixer.
Add the egg and vanilla to the butter and sugar and mix until combined.
In another bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cocoa, espresso, and salt. Slowly add the flour mixture to the butter mixture using a mixer. Beat until a soft dough forms.
Stir in chocolate chips. Scoop a tablespoon of the dough out, roll it into a ball, and place it on a cookie sheet. Repeat for the rest of the dough.
Bake cookies for 8-10 minutes or until top starts to crack. Gently bang the pan on the counter after pulling from the oven to help cookies de-puff and spread. Allow to cool on pan for at least 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Measure your flour and cocoa powder correctly: spoon flour/cocoa powder into the cup and level with a knife to avoid using too much dry ingredients.
- Room temperature butter: the butter may still be cool to touch, but easily indent-able. Use a vegan stick butter rather than a tub butter for best results.
- Cocoa powder: use all natural cocoa powder NOT Dutch processed.
- Other cookie add-ins: pretzels, vegan M&Ms, white chocolate, crushed peppermint candies.
Serving: 1cookie | Calories: 193kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 0.04g | Sodium: 147mg | Potassium: 78mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 341IU | Vitamin C: 0.2mg | Calcium: 29mg | Iron: 2mg