Blueberry Oat Smoothie
This healthy blueberry oat smoothie tastes like a blueberry muffin in a glass thanks to the combination of blueberry, oats, and vanilla. You'll be sure to fall in love with this dairy free smoothie!
Servings: 2 servings
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 banana
- 1 cup plain, non-dairy milk (I use soy milk)
- 1/2 cup plain or vanilla vegan yogurt
- 1/3 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Use frozen fruit: For a thicker, frozen smoothie use frozen fruit. Adding ice to smoothies can thicken them but can also water them down so I prefer to use frozen fruit.
- Start on low speed: For best results, start by pureeing on a low speed and then gradually increase the blender speed.
- Add more liquid if needed: Depending on what type of blender you are using, you may need to add more liquid - especially if using both frozen blueberries and banana.
- Add sweetness: Feel free to add more sweetness to your smoothie by adding some medjool dates, maple syrup, or honey.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 278kcal | Carbohydrates: 43g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 55mg | Potassium: 526mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 19g | Vitamin A: 329IU | Vitamin C: 20mg | Calcium: 268mg | Iron: 2mg