Vegan Watermelon Poke Bowl
The traditional Hawaiian poke bowl gets a vegan this with this vegan watermelon poke bowl. A simple, colorful dinner that is perfect for summer!
- For the Tofu:16 oz package extra firm tofu
- 1 1/2 tablespoon oil
- For the Watermelon:1/4 reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon ginger paste I get it from Trader Joe's! You can also use grated fresh ginger or 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 1/2 cups watermelon cut in 1/2" cubes
- For the Bowls: 4 servings cooked white rice cooled
- Sliced cucumber
- Sliced red pepper
- Sliced carrots or make carrot ribbons!
- Basil I used thai basil - soo good!
Add oil and cubed tofu to a nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Cook tofu on each side for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown.
Meanwhile, add the watermelon marinade ingredients to a mason jar and shake well to combine. Add watermelon to a small mixing bowl and pour just 3 tablespoons of the marinade over top. Toss gently to coat watermelon in the marinade and set aside.
Add the rest of the marinade to the pan with the tofu and cook until it thickens and coats tofu. Turn off the heat and set aside.
To assemble your bowls, divide rice between 4 bowls and evenly divide the rest of your toppings between each bowl.
Serving: 1/4 recipe | Calories: 295kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 1.5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 11.5g | Sodium: 585mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 6.5g