Healthy Red and Green Smoothie
This healthy and antioxidant-rich red and green smoothie recipe is made with soy milk for extra protein and naturally sweetened with frozen fruit and pomegranate juice.
For the green layer:
- 1 cup frozen mango
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1/2-3/4 cup soy milk or other plant-based milk
- Handful fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger OR 1/2 inch fresh ginger root
For the Red Layer:
- 1 cup frozen red raspberries
- 1/3 cup pomegranate-cherry juice
- 1 blood orange OR 1 navel orange OR 1/2 grapefruit peeled
Add all the ingredients for the green layer to a blender cup and puree until smooth. Set aside.
Add all the ingredients for the red layer to a blender cup and puree until smooth.
To serve, divide red and green smoothie mixture between 2 glasses.
Serving: 1/2 recipe | Calories: 310kcal | Carbohydrates: 63g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1.5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 7.5g | Sodium: 70mg | Fiber: 17g | Sugar: 33g