Celebrate some of the flavor of summer by whipping up this zucchini, tomato, and corn pizza with sweet potato crust and a garlic scape pesto.
- 1 sweet potato crust via Pinch of Yum (I used 2 eggs instead of one)
For the Pesto:
- 1/3 cup chopped garlic scape
- 1 large handful basil leaves
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
For the Pizza:
- 1 small zucchini, shredded with peeler
- 12–15 cherry tomatoes
- 1/3 cup shredded parmesan or mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup corn
- Dash of smoked paprika
- Make the sweet potato crust according to directions. Before baking for the second time, add the toppings according to these directions.
- To make the pesto, add all of the ingredients to a food processor and blend until smooth. (Makes 3/4 cup but you’ll only need 1/3 cup for the pizza. Save the rest for other uses!)
- To assemble the pizza, evenly spread pesto onto the crust and top with zucchini, tomatoes, cheese, corn, and smoked paprika.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted and tomatoes have started to burst from their skins.
- Serve immediately!