Vegan Curry Summer Squash Soup
Summer squash is abundant this time of year, so put it to good use by whipping up this simple vegan curry summer squash soup!
Servings: 4 servings
For the Soup:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon muchi curry powder
- 1 yellow bell pepper chopped
- 2 medium yellow summer squash ~15 oz. each, chopped
- 2 small yellow skin potatoes ~5 oz total, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 can 13.5 oz can full fat coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons fresh squeezed lime juice
- Salt and Ground Black Pepper to taste
- Dash of cayenne pepper if desired
- Chopped cilantro additional coconut milk (or yogurt if not vegan), paprika
In a large dutch oven, heat the olive oil. Add the onion and saute for 2 minutes. Stir in the garlic and muchi curry powder and saute another minute.
Add the bell pepper, summer squash, and potatoes. Saute for 5-7 minutes.
Add the broth and coconut milk and bring to a simmer. Cook until summer squash and potatoes are fork tender, about 7-10 minutes. Transfer to a food processor or blender and puree until smooth. Transfer back into the dutch oven and season with salt and black pepper. (Start with at least 1/8th teaspoon of each and increase as desired.) Stir in the lime juice.
To serve, swirl in coconut milk. Top with chopped cilantro and a dash of paprika.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 325kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 19g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 374mg | Potassium: 937mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 461IU | Vitamin C: 91mg | Calcium: 57mg | Iron: 5mg