Vegan Sausage and Kale Pasta
This vegan sausage and kale pasta is only 7 ingredients and can be whipped up in just 30 minutes making it a perfect option for busy weeknights! Add mozzarella for a tasty vegetarian option.
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 cups whole grain pasta shells
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 vegan Italian sausages I used Tofurky, sliced
- 1 bunch kale stems removed and chopped
- 1 can (14.5 oz) fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup chopped kalamata olives
- Optional - vegetarian: 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, sliced or shredded
Cook pasta according to package directions and set aside.
In an oven-safe skillet with tall sides, add olive oil and sliced sausage. Stir fry for 2 minutes or until just starting to brown. Add the kale and cover, cook another 3 minutes.
Remove lid and stir. Add the cooked pasta, tomatoes, basil, and olives. Cook for 5-7 minutes to heat everything well.
For vegetarian option: sprinkle the mozzarella on top and place skillet under the broiler for 2-3 minutes, checking frequently until melted and just starting to brown. Serve immediately.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 272kcal | Carbohydrates: 43g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6g | Sodium: 294mg | Potassium: 358mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1630IU | Vitamin C: 23mg | Calcium: 94mg | Iron: 3mg