Vegan Cobb Salad
Serve up this adaptable vegan cobb salad with cashew dill dressing all summer long for a light, yet filling meal.
For the Dressing:
- 1 cup raw cashew pieces soaked overnight
- 3/4 cup + 2 Tablespoons cold water Adjust to dressing consistency you prefer
- 3-4 two inch sprigs fresh dill weed 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Ground Pepper and Sea Salt to taste
For the Coconut Bacon:
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened coconut chips
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Dash of ground black pepper
For the Salad:
- 1 15 oz. can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 5 cups salad leaves
- 1/2 cucumber chopped
- 3-4 carrots chopped
- 1/2 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/3 cup chopped red bell pepper
- Kernels from 2 ears of steamed corn
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, add all of the coconut chip ingredients and toss with a wooden spoon to coat evenly. Spread in a single layer on the baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 12-14 minutes , tossing halfway through, until golden brown. (Watch closely to the last few minutes so it doesn't burn!) Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
While the chips are baking, add all of the dressing ingredients to a blender and puree until smooth. Adjust water as needed to obtain desired dressing consistency.
To make the salads, divide lettuce and toppings evenly among the 4 bowls. To with coconut bacon and dressing and serve.
Serving: 1/4 recipe | Calories: 560kcal | Carbohydrates: 57g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 34g | Saturated Fat: 16.5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 17.5g | Sodium: 500mg | Fiber: 13g | Sugar: 14g