Roasted Broccoli Quinoa Salad
This roasted broccoli quinoa salad is loaded with flavor as well and antioxidants! It's the perfect healthy side dish for Thanksgiving or holiday potlucks.
For the Roasted Broccoli
- 6 cups chopped broccoli ~1 large head
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
For the Quinoa
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups low sodium vegetable broth or water
Other Salad Ingredients
- ½ cup pomegranate arils
- ½ cup chopped roasted, unsalted almonds
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1/3 cup crumbled goat cheese
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
Roasted Broccoli Directions
In a large mixing bowl, add the broccoli, quinoa, pomegranate seeds, almonds, orange zest, salt and pepper.
- Substitute for White Wine Vinegar: you can use red wine vinegar instead if you'd like.
- Substitute for Pomegranate: you can use dried cranberries instead of pomegranate.
- Serving: This salad is filling enough to serve as a main dish salad for lunch or a smaller portion as a side.
- Storage: salad can be stored in the fridge for up to 3-4 days.
- Make Ahead: make broccoli, dressing, and/or the quinoa up to 3 days in advance. You can also pre-chop the broccoli to reduce prep time when you go to make this salad.
- Make it vegan/dairy free: Skip the goat cheese or use a non-dairy feta (like VioLife) instead.
- Make it nut free: Skip the almonds. You can use pumpkin seeds or sunflower instead of almonds if desired.
Serving: 1/5 recipe | Calories: 484kcal | Carbohydrates: 46g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 29g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g | Monounsaturated Fat: 18g | Trans Fat: 0.002g | Cholesterol: 5mg | Sodium: 221mg | Potassium: 905mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 1153IU | Vitamin C: 161mg | Calcium: 167mg | Iron: 4mg