I made a batch of these apricot energy bites last weekend. They are the perfect small snack for on-the-go when I need something before heading to the gym after work.
These bites could be any simpler. You just toss your 5 ingredients into the food process and blend away until sticky. Then form the mixture into small bites, refrigerate to let them set and then enjoy! Keep a batch of these in the fridge at all times so you have a healthy snack that you can grab in a hurry. What’s so great about these apricot energy bites? Thanks to the apricots, these bites are a great source of Vitamins A and C which are both powerful antioxidants and great for your skin. Almonds add some protein as well as Vitamin E and just a bit of crunch.
If you make a batch of these bites, make sure to snap a pick and tag me on Instagram! I love to see what you are making!Print
Whenever you are in need of an afternoon pick-me-up, reach for one of these apricot energy bites. They have only 4 ingredients and are vegan and gluten free!
- 2 heaping cups dried apricots
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Dash of sea salt
- 1 ounce dark chocolate
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil
- Combine all the ingredients in a food process and let it mix for 3-5 minutes or until mixture starts to stick to itself.
- Use your hands to roll dough into 1″ round balls and arrange on a baking sheet. I was able to make about 10 bites with my dough. Chill for 15 minutes to let them set and then enjoy!
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
- For fun, melt the chocolate and coconut oil in a small bowl in the microwave. Stir well to combine and use a toothpick to roll 1/2 of the balls in chocolate. Transfer to baking sheet lined with parchment paper and freeze for 10 minutes or until chocolate has become firm.
- Serving Size: 1 Bite
- Calories: 204 kcals
- Sugar: 18 g
- Sodium: 58 mg
- Fat: 11 g
- Saturated Fat: 4.6 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 6.4 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 23 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 4 g
- Cholesterol: 0 g