I made a batch of these apricot energy bites last weekend. They are the perfect small snack for on-the-go when I need something before heading to the gym after work.
These bites could be any simpler. You just toss your 5 ingredients into the food process and blend away until sticky. Then form the mixture into small bites, refrigerate to let them set and then enjoy! Keep a batch of these in the fridge at all times so you have a healthy snack that you can grab in a hurry. What’s so great about these apricot energy bites? Thanks to the apricots, these bites are a great source of Vitamins A and C which are both powerful antioxidants and great for your skin. Almonds add some protein as well as Vitamin E and just a bit of crunch.
If you make a batch of these bites, make sure to snap a pick and tag me on Instagram! I love to see what you are making!
Apricot Energy Bites
- 2 heaping cups dried apricots
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Dash of sea salt
- 1 ounce dark chocolate
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil
- Combine all the ingredients in a food process and let it mix for 3-5 minutes or until mixture starts to stick to itself.
- Use your hands to roll dough into 1" round balls and arrange on a baking sheet. I was able to make about 10 bites with my dough. Chill for 15 minutes to let them set and then enjoy!
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
- For fun, melt the chocolate and coconut oil in a small bowl in the microwave. Stir well to combine and use a toothpick to roll 1/2 of the balls in chocolate. Transfer to baking sheet lined with parchment paper and freeze for 10 minutes or until chocolate has become firm.
Make this recipe?
Share it with me on Instagram @dietitiandebbie and tag me #dietitiandebbie
Comments & Reviews
Rebecca @ Strength and Sunshine says
Mmmm fantastic bites! Apricot is such a great flavor!
Jodi @ The Average RD says
I love wearing my fitbit. I find myself being much more aware of my activity throughout the day when I wear it. It is often the push I need to get out for a run- which guarantees to get my steps that day 🙂 I also am going to try your delish recipe.
Dietitian Debbie says
I’ve been finding a great motivator too! Gotta get those steps in. 🙂 Hope you enjoy the bites!