Need an appetizer on the table ASAP? These cream cheese stuffed peppers are 3 ingredients and take just about 5 minutes to make. They are a delicious healthy-ish appetizer option that would be perfect for a relaxed night with friends.
Looking for a quick and easy appetizer to serve at your next get together? These cream cheese stuffed peppers are perfect – just 3 ingredients and ready in 5 minutes. I have been making these to pack in my lunch for a while but thought I would finally share the recipe since the holidays are here and everyone could use an easy appetizer idea!
Why You’ll Love this Recipe
- Just 3 ingredients and ready in about 5 minutes – how great is that!
- A colorful, fun, and healthier appetizer option.
- Perfect for the holidays! An easy appetizer that pairs well with drinks and snacks for a casual night with friends.
Ingredient Notes and Substitutions
- Mini snacking peppers: these sweet little peppers are perfect for filling with just the right amount of cream cheese.
- Cream cheese: fill with your favorite cream cheese – just about any kind will work for these peppers. I like to make these vegan by using a plant-based cream cheese. (My favorite is the chive flavored cream cheese from Kite Hill.)
- Everything bagel seasoning: the perfect blend of onion, garlic, poppy seeds, sesame seeds, and salt add a ton of flavor to these mini peppers.
Tip for Filling the Peppers
Add your cream cheese filling to a pastry bag or ziplock bag. Cut the tip off the corner and use that to pipe the cream cheese into the peppers. So easy and less mess!
- Use a flavored cream cheese like chive & onion, garden vegetables, or buffalo style.
- Instead of cream cheese, fill your peppers with some French onion dip. There are several brands making vegan French onion dip now so you can make these dairy free too!
- Add some spinach to the filling for color and extra nutrients. Thaw frozen chopped spinach and squeeze out any extra moisture. Add cream cheese to a bowl and stir in the spinach, then fill your peppers.
- Fill your peppers with hummus and then garnish with chopped chives or a dash of paprika.
- Fill your peppers with bean dip or refried beans, sprinkle with cheese. Arrange them in a single layer on a baking sheet and broil until cheese is melted. Garnish with some chopped cilantro.
What to Serve with these Peppers
- Serve alongside other appetizers. These stuffed peppers are a fun and easy appetizer option for parties. A few great appetizer options are linked below. Need a cocktail to go with your appetizer spread? Here are a few of my favorites: simple rosemary margarita, ginger raspberry kombucha cocktail, and pomegranate sangria.
- Eat them on their own as a snack. Since you can store these in the fridge for a couple days, I like to snack on the extra stuffed peppers with a little homemade popcorn or a few crackers. A great option for a balanced afternoon snack that will keep you satisfied until dinner.
- Pack them in your lunch. Love packing these fun little peppers in a bento box with other crackers, veggies, nuts, and deli slices. Check out these easy vegan lunch ideas where I have featured these peppers before!
More Appetizer Recipes You’ll Love
Cream Cheese Stuffed Peppers
- 10 Mini snacking peppers
- 1/2 cup vegan cream cheese (~4 oz) I like Kite Hill chive cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons everything bagel seasoning
- Cut the mini peppers in half and scoop out any seeds.
- Use a spoon to fill each half with cream cheese OR add cream cheese to a piping bag and pipe it into each pepper half.
- Sprinkle filled pepper halves with everything bagel seasoning.
- I like to make these vegan/dairy-free by using a plant-based cream cheese. My favorite brand is Kite Hill. The chive flavor is so good!
- Want to serve them warm? Add peppers to a sheet pan and bake in the oven at 400 degrees for 7-10 minutes.